Anwar Gilani PhD
Anwar joined Ipulse in May 2010. He began his career in intellectual property in 1997 as a patent examiner at the UK Patent Office. He then joined Cambridge Display Technology Ltd in 2000, becoming IP Manager in 2004 before leaving in 2008 to join a leading international law firm.
Anwar has extensive experience in identifying and protecting commercially important intellectual property, including invention harvesting and management of worldwide patent portfolios, patent licensing and joint development activities, and IP due diligence, and in representing clients across a wide range of technologies before the UK Intellectual Property Office and the European Patent Office.
Outside the office, Anwar enjoys outdoor pursuits and spending time with his young family.
Anwar’s qualifications include:
- European Patent Attorney
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- Member of the European Patent Institute
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Associate of the Royal College of Science
- Associate Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- PhD Organic Chemistry, University of Durham
- BSc Chemistry, Imperial College London